Frequently Asked Financial Aid Questions

Can I receive federal financial aid as a part-time student?

Yes, if you are determined to be eligible based on Expected Family Contribution (EFC), cost of attendance (COA) and the number of hours you are taking.

Can I receive financial aid by taking just any course?

No, you must declare a major course of study and be working toward a degree, certificate or diploma in that course of study.

I'm in default because of a previous student loan; can I receive financial aid?

Yes, if your lender sends a letter stating that you are in satisfactory repayment or no longer in default; you may be eligible for a Pell Grant only.

Do I need a certain grade point average to receive financial aid?

Yes, you must comply with the Daymar College Online’s financial services policy on Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).

If I have already earned a Bachelor's degree, can I still receive financial aid?

Yes, you can receive a student loan. You are not eligible for a Pell Grant. Contact a financial service advisor to see if you may be eligible.

If I am on financial aid probation or disqualification, can I receive financial aid?

Yes and no. If you are on financial aid probation, you can receive all types of financial aid. If you are on financial aid disqualification, you cannot receive any type of financial aid.

I probably don't qualify for aid. Should I apply for aid anyway?

Yes. Many families mistakenly think that they don't qualify for aid, but most do qualify. Submit a FAFSA. For student employment, student loans and parent PLUS loans, you should check the appropriate boxes. All can qualify for a loan.

What expenses can I expect financial aid to cover?

Depending on your financial award, it may cover all or part of the following: tuition and fees; books and supplies; transportation; and other miscellaneous, school-related expenses.

How much will my family be expected to contribute to my yearly college costs?

Your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is calculated each year you apply for aid using a national processing formula called the Federal Methodology. The formula considers your parents' and your income and assets, your family size, and the number of your family members enrolled in college. Your EFC will be the same at any college you attend.